On Top Of The World | Engaged
I always encourage bridal couples who book their wedding day with me to book an engagement session. There are many reasons that I recommend this, and ill break it down for you, but first and for most I feel that getting engaged is a milestone in one’s life and that this time should be enjoyed and documented just like any other.
So here are my reasons why I think you should book an engagement session.
- These engagement sessions are great for us to get to know each other. It is so important that you are relaxed in front of the camera and that you are relaxed around me. These sessions are a great way for us to get comfortable in a relaxed setting.
- An engagement session is a practice run for your big day. I know that most brides have a Pinterest board where they pin ideas of photographs that they would like to do on their big day. Engagement sessions are a great time to whip those ideas out and give them a try. It also gives me as your photographer an idea of what type of look and feels you are going for. Like I said, Great practice run 😉
- Location testing. So if your a little bit unsure about where you would like to snap your creative wedding photographs this is a great opportunity to try it out. It also allows us to decide on the best time of day to capture your happy moments.
- Save the date. An engagement session is also great for capturing a few sweet photographs for your save the date.
- They are fun. You should do an engagement session because they are fun and silly. Your engagement session can say so much about you as a couple. Maybe you went for ice cream on your first date and decide to plan a session around that. Or maybe you return to the spot where you got engaged and relive those moments. There are so many great ways to express yourselves a couple and why not make your engagement session to do just that.
Enough said it is time for you to book your engagement session 😉
I joined Robert and Jade on top of the hills in Zululand to capture this special time in their lives. We had such a great afternoon trying out a few things and playing with the afternoon sun. The result was magical. What an amazing couple. I can not wait to capture their special day.